What type of blind should I choose?
Blinds are often overlooked as they may be considered to be boring and practical, but with so many options available nowadays that really isn’t the case.
Blinds are a great choice of covering for any window, and can be used to define a room, just like curtains. You are then faced with the question – what type of blind shall I choose?
Blinds can be sumptuous, sophisticated and stylish or practical and effective. They can create many different styles for all types of windows and doors. And we have lots of features that you can add to your blinds to add you own personal style.
So what should you consider when choosing a blind?
What type and size are your windows or door?
- Vertical blinds are great for big window,
- Wooden Blinds work perfectly for sash windows.
- For a small window consider a small Roller Blind for a discrete look, or a Roman Blind for a statement look.
What room is the blind going to go in?
- Durable Roller Blinds are ideal in kitchens and bathrooms
- Soft delicate Roman Blinds are perfect for bedrooms
- Practical Vertical Blinds or Venetian Blinds work well in living spaces and offices
What is the décor like?
- For a simple modern look choose a Venetian Blind or Vertical Blind.
- In a traditional setting a Roman Blind will look superb – select from a wide range of fabrics to create your own look and co-ordinate with your furniture.
- Select your Roller Blind from our comprehensive range of colours to tone in with your colour scheme. Or we can create either a Roman or Roller blind from your favourite fabric to complement or contrast with your furnishings.
What do you want your blind to do?
- Create darkness for sleep. A Blackout roller blind or Roman blind with a blackout lining will do the trick.
- Control the light. Choose either a Venetian Blind or Vertical Blind, which both have slats that you can control to allow the amount of light that you desire.
What look are you wishing to create?
- For a sumptuous look choose a Roman Blind. You can add a luxurious trim to give that extra touch of elegance.
- For a minimal modern look vertical blinds are a great choice, and come in a range of colour options. The subtle pleats of Duette blinds add a touch of interest to a sleek look.
- Roller Blinds can be a discrete addition to a room to control light, or can be used to add a splash of colour and design to a neutral setting.
We will be happy to offer free advice on your blind choices. Contact us at Window Design for a no-obligation consultation.